Thursday, February 23, 2012

phase 1: get a wetsuit.

This past summer I worked at a Christian camp in Ojai Valley, CA.
I was a lifeguard most of the time...and lo-and-behold..a surf instructor the rest of the time.
yes yes...I instructed campers on surfing. Bummer was...that I never go to actually practice because I had to be in the water making sure middle school kids weren't being trampled by waves. Also, our camp has a plethora of wetsuits that we've accumulated over the year so I never had to buy my own. until today. (this photo was taken at the beginning of the semester sometime) I figured..."how will I become a better surfer if I don't even have my own wetsuit?" I was in it to win it. I'm committed now. 
It's really happening and i'm ALL in. 

1 comment:

  1. How many parents have ever had to purchase a wet suit as a "school supply" for their child?

    ReplyDelete