Thursday, February 23, 2012

Phase 2: get in the water



 Surfed Newport for my first "official" surf sesh with Natijane. Headed out at around 8am and arrived to a B-E-A-utiful day at the sea. Lucky for me...Natijane has 2 board with her at school. Her longboad (her baby) and another one of her boards from home. This is the ideal situation because I can surf on her boards and I dont have to purchase my own yet! (waiting till I get better) The waves were pretty rockin...lucky for me Nati coached me though it (which is ironic..since I 'taught' surfing all summer). Anyway..wish we had our waterproof camera to snap some shots. The furthest we got was taking some iphone pics by the car. It was such a fun session...stood up a couple of times and got a little taste of what surfing can be for me...for the rest of my life. I'm hooked!
10pts/10pts 


1 comment:

  1. Hey, I check your blogsite every day, and yet you almost snuck Saltykai by me. I hope, some day, somewhere, to see a picture of Amie Komae hanging ten!

    ReplyDelete