Tuesday, April 24, 2012

board meetings and Bible readings...

Two things that I love a lot are: my penny board and my Bible. I know they dont really go 
together, but i've spend a lot of time with both this semester and I found it applicable. Lets start with Penny. For my birthday (december) I receive my adorable penny board from my sister and her fiance. I am not a skater...but I was stoked to become one. I've been practicing riding penny..shes tiny and hard to get good at...but we've bonded and im starting to get used to it! What I love about having a skateboard is being able to practice what its like to be on a wave. A friend once told me that Penny boards are the closest thing to surfing on land. SICK! She really is an awesome board..so easy to turn and carve and go fast...

and she's just so cute! (and glows in the dark!!)

Okay wait...there are three things I love...PENNY + BIBLE +BEACH.
triple threat right there! This shot is from one of our trips to Newport with Sarah and Liana. 
There is something so incredibly special about being on the sand, staring at the huge abyss that is the ocean...and reading the word of God. Nothing really compares to that...to the beauty that surrounds you and the beauty that flies out of those pages. In this particular devo time...we were talking about a hunger and thirst for the Lord and we read psalm 63 which says "my body longs for you. my soul thirst for you in a dry and weary land where there is no water" ironically...the ocean! haha. I love love love being at the beach and opening the word of God. definitely something i'll do more often this summer :)

2/77

TOTAL POINTS 77

No comments:

Post a Comment