Tuesday, April 24, 2012

movie review: Blue Crush

Now this movie...is a surfing icon. hahaha. maybe not for everyone, but for teenage girls it is. I first watched this movie back in highschool...and i'd say it had a lot to do with sparking my interest in surfing. Then, they put it on netflix YAHOOO!! This movie follows three local hawaiian chicks who work and surf and work and surf...and are scraping by on money they get from working at a hotel. Anyway...they stumble upon a group of football players from the main island and teach them how to surf. Then miss blondie decides to fall in love with the quarterback and things get a little sticky. 

I guess what I like most about this movie is the vibe of these chicks. I remember being young and thinking of how badly I wanted to be able to not shower...get salty on a daily basis...hang out with my girlfriends while sitting on a board in the middle of the ocean...and just cruise through life. And, I always envisioned these chicks as being so tough...so fit...and so RAD. My favorite scene from this movie is when they workout...and run with rocks at the bottom of the ocean. ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THAT. All I can say is they make hawaii look like a dream (which it is...so beautiful) and I think they did a great job of portraying female surfers and the lifestyle of a local hawaiian. 


1/74 
TOTAL POINTS 74

No comments:

Post a Comment